Miracle fruit is scientifically known as Synsepalum dulcificum and is commonly known as Miracle Berry, Miraculous Berry, Flavour Berry, Fruit Miraculeux, or Fruit Milagroso. It’s a bright red color berry with a very sweet taste like sweetened cranberry. It has a thick rind and its fragrance is like citrus fruit. The seeds are inedible.
Miracle Fruit Is Act As A Natural Sweetener, Good For Chemotherapy Patients. It Cures Diabetes, And Infections And Is Good For Heart & Kidney Health As Well As Beneficial For Skin & Hair.
Miracle Berry Nutrition
Miracle Berries Contain 25 Calories Per 100 Grams. The Other Nutrients Per 100 Gram Are As Follows.
1. Carbs, 32 Grams
2. Fat, 0.2 Grams
3. Sugar, 5.7 Gram
4. Phenolic Compounds, 624 Mg
5. Dietary Fibers, 12 Gram
6. Vitamin A, 0.07 Mg
7. Vitamin B2, 0.02 Mg
8. Vitamin B6, 0.6 Mg
9. Vitamin C, 41 Mg
10. Vitamin E, 1.34 Mg
11. Vitamin K, 0.5 Mg
12. Sodium, 2.7 Mg
13. Potassium, 256 Mg
14. Copper, 0.045 Mg
15. Manganese, 0.3 Mg
1. Miracle Fruit Rich Source Of Antioxidants
Miracle fruit is antioxidant-rich fruit that contains vitamin C and phenolic compounds in large amounts. They also carry vitamins B, E, and K. They include terpenoids and flavonoids which are also responsible for antioxidant activities. Antioxidants defend the immune system and prevent the attack of invaders and free radicals. They protect the body from their harmful effects and reduce the risk of getting infections.
2. Miracle Fruit For Diabetes
Miracle berry is anti-diabetic and a good choice for diabetic patients as it improves insulin sensitivity. Insulin sensitivity requires a very low level of insulin to lower the blood glucose level. It also contains dietary fibers which fasten the metabolism and breakdown of glucose molecules. Miracle fruit is rich in vitamins that act as antioxidants helpful in reducing weakness and curing infections that are often dangerous for diabetic patients.
3. Miracle Berry For Weight Loss
Miracle fruit is best for people who fight obesity and trying to lose weight. It has a low-glycemic index and a neutral flavor. These berries have zero fat and zero cholesterol content. These berries contain fibers that fasten the metabolism and aid in the digestion of food. The fibers absorb fat molecules of food that help in losing belly fat. A full cup of berries is so nutrient-dense and full of fibers and water content that it makes you feel fuller for a longer time.
4. Miracle Fruit For Cancer Patients
Miracle fruit does not cure cancer it is just helpful for patients receiving chemotherapy treatment. It improves the toothsome of those cancer patients suffering from chemotherapy. Chemotherapeutic treatments cause some bitter or metallic taste in the mouth. Miracle fruit holds a protein Miraculin which binds with taste receptors and can provide a sweet signal in an acidic environment improving the taste of food. Better food taste leads to better nutrition. Miracle fruit supplements are also used for chemotherapy-related taste changes.
5. Miracle Fruit Treat Infections
Miracle berry reduces the spread of infections in the human body. It helps treat both viral and bacterial infections. It carries the nutrient vitamin C abundantly which is potent to fight and alleviate infections. Vitamin C stimulates the production of white blood cells which fight off free radicals and invaders that act as infection-causing agents. White blood cells protect from these agents and they reach the location of infection and prevent them from being alleviated.
6. Miracle Fruit Natural Sweetener
Because of its unique protein Miraculin, it is named a miracle fruit. It holds a miraculous sweet taste. It adds to many sour food items or beverages as an alternative substitute for sugar. Miracle berry has a unique ability to change sour taste into sweet because of its ability it is used as a natural sweetener in many sour beverages. Miracle berry is also used as a natural taste enhancer.
7. Miracle Berry Boost Immunity
Miracle fruit helps in boosting our immune system. It is a rich source of antioxidants that defend our immune system by neutralizing free radicals that cause damage to our immune system. Vitamin C is a potent nutrient that boosts our immune system by stimulating the production of white blood cells. These cells also fight off free radicals and prevent various viral and bacterial attacks.
8. Miracle Fruit Improves Eye Vision
Miracle berry is boosting eye vision because it holds vitamin A, E, and K all are beneficial for eye health.
Vitamin A promotes eyesight and is essential for good vision. Vitamin A also known as all-trans-retinol is very helpful for active night vision. It reduces the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
Vitamin E may help protect vision and the harmful effects of free radicals. Taking a sufficient amount of vitamin E in a diet may reduce the risk of cataracts. Application of vitamin E around the eye area helps prevent dark circles.
Vitamin K improves blood circulation around the eye and in tiny vessels beneath the eye. It also helps in brightening the under-eye area reducing dark circles.
9. Miracle Fruit For Cholesterol
Miracle fruit reduces the bad cholesterol level LDL because it holds a large number of fibers that absorb the fat molecules from the food. Miracle fruit has cholesterol-lowering properties because its triterpenoids can act as cholesterol-lowering agents and control body weight. Miracle berry is a natural source of the cholesterol-lowering agent.
10. Miracle Fruit For Digestion
Miracle berry is somehow beneficial in digestion because of its fibrous content. These fibers treat constipation and diarrhea. They stimulate the bowel movement and soften the stool making them pass out easily. In case of diarrhea fibers also give bulk to stool and increase the stool weight.
But because it increases the acidic pH overconsumption or regular consumption leads to heartburn and acid reflux.
11. Miracle Fruit For Pregnancy
Miracle fruit is considered safe when use occasionally as a fruit but regular consumption and overdose lead to serious problems.
Because it is an acidic fruit so it is only safe to eat in a small amount.
Many researchers have found that some pregnant ladies got allergic reactions after taking a large amount of miracle fruit so it is better to avoid it for pregnant ladies and breastfeeding mothers.
12. Miracle Fruit For Kidneys
Miracle berry is good for kidney diseases. It helps lower the blood uric acid level without affecting renal function. They possess anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and prevent kidney infections and UTIs. These tangy berries help eliminate bacteria that stick to the wall of the bladder and cause infections. These exotic berries do wonders for renal health and neutralize the free radicals that cause damage to kidney cells (nephrons).
13. Miracle Fruit For Skin
Miracle berry has wonderful benefits for the skin.
- It brightens the skin and removes blemishes and dark spots also helpful in hyperpigmentation.
- Its vitamin C content makes skin shinier and gives a glow to the skin.
- The vitamin E and K protect the eyes and remove dark circles around the eyes.
- The fibrous food boost collagen production making skin tighter, and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
14. Miracle Fruit For Hair
Miracle berry is a nutrient-dense berry. It provides nutrients to hair follicles which stimulates the new growth of hair and prevents baldness and hair loss. Their vitamin content gives volume to hair helpful in making the hair soft and shinier. Miracle leaves tea is also boosting hair growth making hair long and strong. Miracle berry seed oil applied on hair roots nourishes the scalp and prevents hair loss. This oil can eliminate microbes from the scalp and prevent dandruff and scalp eczema.
15. Miracle Berry Leaves Benefits (Leaves Tea)
Miracle fruit leaves possess medicinal benefits. To prepare its tea just boil the leaves in fresh water and enjoy. Miracle fruit leaves tea has the following benefits.
- Miracle fruit leaves tea is used to treat diabetes.
- It provides relieves cough and asthma.
- It provides benefits to male fertility by increasing sex drive and stamina.
- May reduce the risk of getting infections.
- In Nigeria, people used this tea to treat gout.
- It is helpful for people fighting obesity.
- May help manage high blood pressure.
16. Miracle Berry Seed Oil Benefits
Miracle fruit seed oil is a miraculous oil used in many hair treatments. It has the following benefits.
- It helps reduce hair breakage.
- It is clinically proven to reverse hair damage.
- It makes the hair 3X stronger and supports hair follicles.
- Give volume to the hair making them thicker or shinier.
- May repair the split ends and increase the hair density.
17. Miracle Fruit Juice Benefits
Miracle berry juice possesses many health benefits. This juice is full of vitamins like vitamins A, B, C, and E & K.
- May support a healthy immune system.
- May stimulate the production of white blood cells which in turn reduces the risk of infections.
- May Support kidney health.
- Lowers cholesterol and high blood pressure to support a healthy heart.
- Promote bones and teeth health.
- May improve male fertility.
18. Medicinal Benefits Of Miracle Fruit
The miracle fruit has the following medicinal health benefits.
- It cures the metallic taste in the mouth.
- It can change the Sour taste into sweet.
- It is suggested to those cancer patients suffering from chemotherapy-related taste changes.
- It binds with taste receptors to provide better taste.
19. Miracle Berry Tablets Benefits
Miracle berry tablets are hand-picked fruit with no added sugar and color. It is 100% safe, natural, authentic, and legal. These tablets are named mberry.
- It is used for flavor tripping.
- May used to change toothsome if u have a bitter taste.
- May be used as a natural sweetener.
Side Effects Of Miracle Fruit
- This fruit cause acidity because it has the ability to change pH balance.
- Over consumption leads to heartburn and other digestive problems.
It cures diabetes, obesity, and taste disturbance in cancer patients.
It supports the heart health of both men and women in many ways.
It is often used to treat digestive ulcers and infections.
The miracle berry tablets are safe and legal.
It is illegal in the US because it contains miraculin which is considered unsafe by US food and drug administration (FDA).